Updated May 2022 – removal of reference to Gold/Silver and Bronze Awards – replaced with Participation Award
NVRR Cross Country (XC) Championship
At the beginning of the season, the Captains publish a list of a minimum of 10 championship events at which members can score points. The minimum number of scores required to place in the league is one and the maximum five. Qualification is automatic, participants do not have to enter all championship events!
- Should a race be cancelled that in the opinion of the Club Captains would distort the results of the Championship then a substitute race shall be added.
- Club members are reminded that they must wear club colours whilst competing in a Championship event
- Please note that members are free to run with a dog where race rules allow, however to avoid any perceived advantage they will be award the lowest score attained for their gender in the race (minimum 20 points) for both the main league and age-adjusted.
XC Scoring System
In the event of possible interpretations of the rules the interpretation that gives the highest score shall be used.
Scores shall be awarded as follows:
- The fastest male member shall score 50 points, second 49, third 48 and so on, likewise the fastest female member shall score 50 points etc.
- Times will be based on gun times (not chip times) in line with UK Athletic guidelines
- The maximum score possible over 5 races is 250 points
- The minimum score for a member completing a race shall be 20 points, irrespective of the number of competitors
Prizes will be awarded in the following categories: –
|Senior Male XC Champion (male < 45)||Senior Female Champion (female < 40)|
|Vet Male XC Champion (male 45-54)||Vet Female Champion (female 41-49)|
|Super Vet Male Champion (male 55+)||Super Vet Female Champion (female 50+)|
|Male Age-adjusted Handicap Champion*||Female Age-adjusted Handicap Champion*|
- Age related categories: Age as at 1st January during the championship year will be used to determine which age-related category competitors fall into i.e. for 2017-18 champs age as at 1st January 2018 will determine which age category competitors fall into. Also age as at 1st January will determine the age-adjusted factors used in calculating age-adjusted handicap times and scores.
- In the event of a tie for an award then the head to head results of the tied members for all XC Championship Events shall be considered and the member who beat the other most times shall be given the award. Should the head to head results be equal then the award shall be shared
- The winners of all main prizes will also be eligible for a Gold, Silver or Bronze award dependant on achieving the required qualifying position.
XC Age-adjusted Handicap Awards
- Winners of any other XC champs age category award are not eligible for the XC age-adjusted award
- In the age-adjusted trophy, each runner will be awarded points from 50 downwards on performance by reference to data derived from the World Athletics Veterans Association
- The winner will be the qualifying runner with the highest age-adjusted score from their best 5 races.
A participation award in the form of an embroidered badge will be awarded to members who have completed a minimum of 5 events