This is one of two emails I’m sending today, both equally important.
As were now into December and its cold, its often wet and its dark early I thought I would gently remind you that its time to knuckle down and pack in some good old fashioned hard work and just keep on running. You will feel the benefit come Spring, trust me!
Here’s a couple of tips to keep you motivated.
- Turn up for the club nights, running with friends is like drinking with friends its more fun and safer!
- Commit to running with a friend or group. You’re not likely to let them down and won’t spend all day thinking about where or when to run.
- Seize the day, irrespective of any plan you’re following if its a nice day just get out and run.
- If the weather is rubbish swap the plan around but run.Put running kit on your Christmas list. New kit = new enthusiasm!
- Enter a race for early Spring.
- Think of the calories you’re burning, eat and drink over Christmas without a guilty conscience.
- When you’re really struggling just go out for 15 mins. I bet you do more!
So, with that in mind, here’s the plan for next week with plenty to keep you motivated.
Tuesday 3/12/19 Intervals 4/6
7pm from the club or 7.10pm at Montpellier Hill. Dan Eagling and Sarah Chalmers will be there to coach you through the session. Please be warmed up and ready to run.
Thursday 5/12/19 Social Club Run.
Mallinson Oval. 6.2 miles
Claro Road, hospital, Slingsby Walk to Stray Rein, turn left along St James Drive, Tewitt Well Road to Leeds Road, past M&S to Firs Crescent, Mallinson Oval to Leadhall Lane, turn right Rossett Drive to Pannal Ash Road, turn right onto Otley Road, across the Stray to Victoria Avenue, North Park Road, Park Parade and to the club.
Sunday 7/12/19 Championship Race.
York Yuletide Trail Race. 11am.
Rawcliffe Country Park. YO30 5XZ
Pacing Groups. Social Run.
Group 1. – Approx 8 to 8.30 minute mile pace
Group 2. – Approx 9 to 9.30 minute mile pace
Group 3. – Approx 10 to 10.30 minute mile pace
Group 4 – Approx 10.30 to 11 minute mile pace
Group 5 – Social, recovery run with no pace in mind but a chance to chat as you jog, going as far as you want.
Health and Safety Briefing.
Wear high viz / fluorescent clothing. See and be seen!
Use a head torch.
Warm up and stretch off after running.
Buddy up with someone where possible.
Report any injuries to Bec Carman our Welfare Rep, or any Committee member.
Please look out for the second email from me.
Best Wishes, Christine.