Nidd Valley Road Runners committee meeting
Wednesday 30th March 2022
Harrogate Hockey Club, Ainsty Road, Harrogate
- Junior report – Nothing to raise
- Welfare report – DBS status of LIRFs and CIRFs to be checked and renewals chased. EA Club Standards require 2 x Welfare Officers – 2nd officer to be sought.
- Evening league – This years route is 5.3 miles. New route and requires 53 marshals required. Due to the numbers who volunteered to marshal all 16 members who volunteered to marshal also indicated they would like to run if possible will be able to race. Marshal plan to be emailed soon and recce to be arranged.
- Running directory – discussed inclusion in Jeff Walkers running directory, wording to be agreed
- Park run adoption – Agreed to adopt a Parkrun – date to be arranged
- Ukraine Quiz – Logistical details of quiz discussed and agreed including club funds to pay for hire of Hockey Club and deciding on ticket price.
- EA Club standards – all evidence gathered for Club to complete the required Club Standards online. These Standards have to be met in order to remain an Affiliated club.
- Away from club runs – dates to be set but will probably start with Almscliffe Crag run on 21st June. Also agreed that pub runs will not be arranged as membership too large & places large responsibility on organiser to find a pub which can accommodate numbers.
- Trophy award rules for road champs – discussion about the fact that at present age adjusted trophies are not given precedence over age group trophies and whether this should be changed. Decision carried over to next meeting. Also raised that Fell champs age categories are not equal.
- 2023 Awards night – arrangements agreed in principle for 2023 awards night.
- Other brand try ons & running track – several other shoe brand Try On nights in the pipeline. Investigations started about looking at running track nights for those who might be interested with Emma Kicks providing a track session.
- Alan Harby’s birthday run – further details for the run & catering agreed